This post is part II of the Soul Care series.
Can you imagine living with a chronic condition for years with no cure or relief? What would be the impact of living with such a condition on the soul?
Perhaps you are thinking, frustration, anger, shame, fear, anxiety, and desperation.
Let me tell you about one woman who experienced these things and how she found relief and healing.
She lived with a chronic disease for over 12 years and had gone from doctor to doctor, tried all kinds of medicine, but nothing worked. Because of the culture, she was considered unclean and could not be in public. Oh, she suffered so much anguish, not only from her physical pain but from emotional pain. She was desperate to do anything to find relief, to feel better, to get healed.
Now she heard about Jesus from the town folks. But going by her unclean status, fear tormented her. What would people say if they found her in a crowd? Worse yet, she would complicate her situation and bring on more shame. So, she continued with life as usual until one day she was desperate to let go of her fears.
Perhaps, she thought, what do I have to lose?
If I can sneak into the crowd, no one would notice. All I need is to get close enough to touch the hem of his garment, and I will be healed.
This woman was so determined that she wouldn’t let her soul wounds, or anything, hold her back any longer. She got into the crowd, close enough to touch the hem of Jesus’ cloak. Instantly she was healed.
Yes! Twelve years of constant bleeding, physical and emotional pain, gone!
Can you imagine her relief?
Meanwhile, Jesus felt power go out of him and asked who touched me? Trembling, the woman came forward, fell at his feet, and fessed up.
Then Jesus said to her, Daughter, take heart, your faith has healed you. Go in peace (Luke 8:43-48).
Do you want this type of soul healing and peace? What is holding you back?
Jesus offers to heal not only our physical pains but to restore us to wholeness, body, mind, and soul. Like this woman, I invite you to take ownership of your soul wounds and do business with Jesus to receive healing.
Ways to Heal and Refresh Your Soul
- Quiet time- Make time for reflection to reconnect with yourself at the soul level. Have your Bible, journal, and pen.
- Pray and invite the Holy Spirit’s presence as you open your soul and share your heart honestly with God.
- Ask Questions to help you with the process. For example:
- Where am I emotionally?
- In what areas do I want to grow? What doors do I need to close?
- Why do I overreact and get so upset easily? If you have angry outbursts, ask him to reveal the root of your anger?
- Why do I avoid conflict and difficult conversations?
- What is making me anxious and why?
- Why do I struggle to receive or give love?
- Jot whatever God shows you in your journal
- Pray and ask God to help you release your soul wounds. He has the key to unlock deep soul wounds. In return, forgive yourself and others, and receive His restoration and nourishment.
God is a redeemer. He desires to restore our souls so you and I can walk in victory.
Nurturing Your Soul
- Nurture your soul by meditating on God’s Word and how you’ve experienced him.
- For example, you might think about:
- How He saved you
- His faithfulness
- How He never slumbers, is never late, and always working on your behalf
- His unwavering love for you
- His grace and mercy
Jesus was wounded for our sins and bore the punishment to bring us peace and healing. God is faithful. He will redeem our soul wounds. Friend, soul healing is a process that will take time and you may need to repeat it until you experience peace and freedom. You and I may be broken, but by God’s grace, we are not destroyed. We may be drained but we not consumed. We have a Father who desires to heal, restore, and refresh our souls.
Friend, this is the beginning of your journey to wholeness. Healing your soul is one of the best ways to care for yourself and others.
Father, I bless and thank you for your presence. I surrender my soul wounds. I want to put childish ways behind me, and I want to grow. Come in, Lord Jesus, touch, and heal every soul wound. Grant me Your peace and set me free. I forgive myself and others who wounded me. Thank you for making the provision for my healing available through Jesus, sacrifice on the Cross. By His stripes, I am healed in my body, soul, and mind. Thank you for restoring and making me whole. I pray with thanksgiving in the Precious, Powerful, and Majestic Name of Jesus. Amen
Scriptures: Psalm 23:1-3, Psalm 103: 2-4, Colossians 3:1-2, 12-15, 1 Cor. 13:11, Isaiah 53:4-5, Luke 8:43-48
Please seek professional assistance if you need additional help.
Discover Your Uniqueness, Identify Obstacles & Accomplish Your Goals & Purpose!